Sunday, September 7, 2008

CLOCKED


Athens enjoys an abundance of restaurants, both locally owned and a few franchise places (some that are very good, too). I had the occasion to dine at CLOCKED this evening and thought I'd give everyone a heads-up about a neat eatery.

The menu ranges from burgers to salads, and also contains a variety of sandwiches (any of which can be ordered as a salad, for no extra charge). While I'm vegetarian, my parents, who I enjoyed the meal with, are not. They had cheeseburgers and had nothing but good things to say about their dinner. I had a great grilled cheese on homemade sour dough with decent potato salad. I would argue it needed more mustard, but that's just me. The fresh cut French fries were great, too.

The best part: the setting. Walk in and you feel like you're in a true Southern kitchen. Retro styling adds a zany feel. Outdoor dining is also available. The wait staff was excellent and the prices were fair.

Oh, and the sweet tea was delicious - a quick sign of a good diner. ;-)

Josh Barnett
957 D

No comments: